Saturday, December 16, 2017

Fabric Yo-Yo's

Good Evening. I hope you all are happy and healthy, have crisp December air to breathe and some snow if you're lucky. It seems like forever since I have done a blog post and as usual I have been busy creating in the craft room but not recording it here. Ironically I talked to Zoo on the phone today and we were both inspired to craft after talking of the blog and all it contained. I, of course, was surprised how many posts I have done. Not being a fan of using the computer for more than entertainment, I have added more than anticipated.

Today I would like to talk about making Yo-yo's. Zoo sent a few videos and web sites to explain what they were and then I had to give some a try. Hand needle work has gone onto the hurt the hands, only do in small measure list, but I must admit they turned out cute. I tried some in a variety of sizes and like the larger circle sizes the best. I tried my Sizzix Circles #2 Bigz Die first and used the largest of the four circles.ended up mostly tracing a larger circle from a stencil I have onto the fabric and then cutting it out. I found this method and size worked the best for me.

The two sites I used from Zoo's sampling were as follows...

https://www.positivelysplendid.com/fabric-yo-yo-tutorial/

http://www.bhg.com/crafts/sewing/accessories/how-to-make-fabric-yo-yos1/

So I grabbed some fabric from my drawer and away I went. When showing Zoo my new creations on our next skype craft session, she was floored that I had made so many in random colours without a plan for each one. I will eventually use them all and so was happy to prove this recently when one of the yo-yo's was the perfect colour for a card I was making.






This card was stamped using the 'Kiss it and Make it Better by Connie Stewart' video and I will go into this further in my next post. I look forward to making cards or mixed media work with the remainder of my yo-yo's. 

Have a great night!

Red Bear : )

No comments: