Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Time stencils and bigz die

This morning I will be writing about the fun I had experimenting with my new stencils and Zoo's Tim Holtz Bigz Pocket watch die. Fairly recently, I purchased two new stencils by Andy Skinner, Time Warp and Old Film. 

I had a few minutes one day to play with them and so I first used a sponge brush to apply blue acrylic paint on the Old Film stencil (I couldn't find my new sponge stencil applicators at the time) and the paint bled through quite a bit. Not wanting to throw away the end product I did use half the page to make a couple cards and used the very destroyed half as the inside of the cards to write on (I flipped them upside down to show the white side, thus not wasting paper. Zoo will be rolling her eyes at me at this point.) 

On the Time Warp stencil I used the one and only Tim Holtz Distress Paint Dobber I own that is a Frayed Burlap colour. It was much better at not bleeding threw and I made three cards with that sheet.


 

I used the concept of Time will help heal wounds on this card and used Zoo's Tim Holtz Alterations Movers & Shapers Pocket Watch Frame Bigz Die (658571) for the focal point. The pocket watch image is one cut from an old magazine and the brown background I free hand cut for the watch. The stamp set I used for this card was from StampinUp, Designer Tee set.




The following two cards done with the Time Warp stencil I used the American Traditional Designs Cut and Fold Template to make a lattice type border along the top edge. I bought these templates after falling in love with lattice borders using a free template downloaded from this fun blog  http://www.barbstamps.com/my_weblog/2017/02/video-lattice-fold.html. I will be doing a post about the cards I did with her template next.
In any case. The stamp I used is a sweet spiral one from the StampinUp Garden Whimsy set. The circles were cut with Sizzix's Circles #2 Bigz die. The adorable arrow eyelet I don't have a brand for but I purchased them at Micheal's years ago. They fit in nice with the time theme.


The blue cards using the Old Film stencil turned out cute. I used; washi tape from Dollarama that  has been on my to do list forever; Tim Holtz Alterations Washer Border die; SpellBinders Nestabilities Fleur de Lis Squares die set; the Sizziz Circles #2 Bigz die; StampinUp Designer Tee stamp set; and a scalloped circle that Zoo sent me a year or two ago.


Surprising what you can do with a couple of 8 1/2'x11' pieces of paper it took you all of two minutes to flop paint through a couple of stencils onto. Imagine what could be done with more time and practice.

Take care and have fun! Red Bear : )

No comments: